SHEPHERD’S PIE INGREDIENTS
While this is a fairly simple recipe, there’s a few key ingredients needed.
- Ground Lamb: It’s traditional to use ground lamb, but you can also use ground beef or even ground turkey.
- Vegetables: I’ve included carrots, celery, frozen peas, and onions. But feel free to always toss in more vegetables.
- Broth: Chicken broth tastes best with lamb. But if you’re using ground beef, I suggest you use beef broth.
- Tomato Paste: To help create thickness and flavor in the sauce (without the use of flour).
- Worcestershire Sauce: Adds a depth of flavor to the meat filling.
- Herbs: Finely dice some fresh rosemary and thyme into the mix.
- Mashed Potatoes
I do not own the rights to this recipe.